Chemicals Production – Ecologically Sustainable Biomass Conversion (ESBCTM)
What is Ciris’ chemicals production process?
ESBC is Ciris’ breakthrough chemicals production technology. The process combines state of the art technology, depolymerization, and bioconversion utilizing standard industrial equipment to produce high value industrial chemicals, sugars and natural products from carbon-based inputs. These inputs include virgin, residual and lignocellulosic biomass. ESBC is a low cost, high margin, disruptive technology with favorable environmental benefits over traditional chemical production processes. An ESBC chemicals production plan, which is modular and scalable, can be easily integrated into existing biomass processing operations, upgrading existing feedstocks and process waste into valuable chemicals.
How does it work?
The flexible Ciris ESBC process can operate on a standalone basis or integrated into an existing upstream biomass processing facility. In either case, biomass (as well as process water, in the integrated model) is subjected to a proprietary reactive depolymerization process. In this initial treatment process, the inputs are transformed into a stream of highly bioavailable chemical molecules. Some of these molecules are separated from the stream and monetized as commodity chemical intermediates. The remaining material can be combined with engineered microbes or consortia, where it is metabolized to create additional chemicals and fertilizers. All of this is accomplished using industry standard equipment.
What are the advantages of the Ciris process?
Generates high value chemicals, sugars and other natural products from a variety of low-value carbon-based inputs, including biomass, residual biomass and lignin
- Low feedstock costs gives Ciris an advantage over companies utilizing more expensive petroleum feedstocks to make the same products
- Low capital and operating costs preserve the advantages of low-cost inputs
- Significantly lower capital requirements than competing petroleum-based chemical production technologies
- Easily integrated into existing biomass processing operations, resulting in maximum incremental value-add to original process inputs
- Chemicals produced by Ciris are in high demand and are used in products spanning a wide variety of uses and applications, including plastics, paints, agriculture and pharmaceuticals
Ciris is advancing toward commercialization and roll-out of its ESBC chemicals production business on a global basis. We are actively seeking strategic partners with an interest in joining together to revolutionize the business model and economics associated with chemicals production.